How to get to Hydra
The beautiful tiny island of Hydra is located in the Saronic sea without space for an airport. There are many ways to reach it, all including some kind of sea transportation.
The island has no cars, motorbikes or bikes. Prepare yourself for walking and donkey rides. In some cases, you can use the sea taxis.
By Hydrofoil from Athens (Piraeus) | Duration: ~90 mins.
By Sea Taxi from Athens (Varkiza) | Duration: 15 mins drive to Varkiza from Athens International airport & 90 mins sea taxi ride (weather dependent).
Drive to Metochi, then Ferry or Sea-taxi | Duration: 3 hrs drive from Athens International airport & 20 mins sea taxi ride.
Drive to Ermioni, then Ferry or Sea-taxi | Duration: 2,5 hrs drive from Athens International airport & 30 mins sea taxi ride.
By Helicopter | Duration: 30 mins flight & 3-5 mins sea taxi ride.
How to get to Onos
From Hydra Port:
- 15 mins walk (~1 km)
- Sea taxi to Kamini port: 5 mins sea taxi ride, available to hire on your right side at the port once you disembark from the boat.
- Donkey taxi: 25 mins donkey ride, available to hire at the port.
From Kamini port:
- 2 mins walk from a steep path with steps
- Donkey taxi: 5 mins donkey ride.
Activities & Experiences
- Beaches – Onos Residence is located 2 mins walk from Kamini beach. The island offers more options either by boat or on foot.
- Horse Riding – Guided horse trekking can be arranged for groups or an individual.
- Hiking Trails – One of the most beautiful ways to explore the magical parts of Hydra that most people never get to see.
- Boat trips – Boats can be rented with or without a skipper (if you have a boat license) to experience the crystal clear waters of the Saronic sea.
Art & Culture
Hydra is an island with a long history of artists seeking sanctuary here. Some of the notable museums and galleries are: